Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What will be will be...

Whoever it was that put the idea in my head as a kid that I need to create a plan for my life and stick to said plan needs to be kicked in the pants. When does life EVER go as it is planned? For those who know me, you'll know that I'm a true Houstonian. I was raised there and by golly, I wanna die there. Recently, however, I've been assisting my brother with the setup and administration of his practice in Dallas.
This position was originally meant to last as a one-week favor which sorta evolved into a year-long investment.

As some may know, I have decided to return to school and pursue a degree in mechanical engineering. My goal was to return to Houston this Spring and jump right back in. Problem is, is that I don't have a job down there. Hmm... Well I found out that a company here in Dallas is potentially interested in me. :/ At the same time, my Dad has just been assigned to work with the young single adults' activities program with our church. This makes things interesting for me... My departure from Houston ended my assignment working with the activities for the young single adults for past 3 years, so I now find myself becoming involved in his assignment as well.

We'll see how things go.

Now time for a bit of a rant... WHAT IS IT WITH APPLE!? That company is retarded. My old computer died this summer causing me to lose my entire musical library consisting of a few thousand songs. I realize that they should have been backed up, but my external hard drive is currently in Houston, and I let it slip. After the computer was repaired, I found I was able to receive a massive download of all my iTunes purchases free of charge. This was good. What's bad is if we fast forward a few months till now, we would discover that again, my computer has suddenly began to die on me. I began transferring documents over to my new computer, and accidentally permanently deleted the folder with ALL of my iTunes music inside. (I understand that sounds silly and moronic, but you would have had to just been there or do it yourself). I just checked and found out that as part of iTunes, you may only download files once, and that you may be charged to regain lost files.

How the heck does that make sense?! We're not talking about physical tangible objects, this is data with an account of all purchases made by the owner. I bought them. I paid my dollars. They are mine. I didn't buy files only to have then technically loaned to me. I'll talk to Apple, but they have already lost my business.

No comments: