Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dealerships, Dingbats, Directors and Corndogs...

Well folks, I broke my promise and I haven't written for a bit, and for that I apologize.

Tonight's a little bit of a rant. For the year I've been up in Dallas, my car has been in the shop with more mechanical issues than it has ever had in the past 4 1/2 years. I never really could figure out why until a recent trip to the dealer. Coincidentally, it dawned on me that these mechanical issues have basically only come while doing business with this dealership.

Recently, it was reported that the oil pan's gasket was starting to leak a little, so I took it in for preventative maintenance. I get my car back and the engine light is on! WHAT THE FREAK!?!
I refused to touch my car until repaired and they take it away. The next day I find out that the technician had broken my 02 sensor and they wanted me to pay half of the amount of the cost of the new part! LAME! To make matters worse, it turns out to be $2o more expensive than they quoted it at.

Wow...

Well I get my car back and it is driving like crud. I change the oil in suspicion that they cheated me on the synthetic I had requested, and that helped a little, but the car was quickly worsening in performance, fuel economy and the engine sounded like it was about to explode.

I begin troubleshooting and decide to have it scanned despite the fact there was no engine light. A quick scan diagnosed that the catalytic converter located where the technician was fiddling around had failed and clogged, thus suffocating my engine, increasing carbon build up, and causing my engine to become a ticking timebomb towards certain death unless repaired.

The cost for a new catalytic is a safe $800-1,200 from the dealer, JUST FOR THE PART. Not cool when a simple repair to avoid mechanical issues becomes extremely costly, and you had nothing to do with it's poor condition. :(

I now know what I'll be focusing my tax return on...

On to something else, I've picked up my bass again and have begun making short films.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/smeltikozuyesmelti?feature=mhw4#p/u/0/SH9MoOqdeXE

No comments: