Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'VE GOT GAS

Not to rip off Dumb and Dumber, but I think if I ever owned a propane or fuel franchise, I'd simply have to name it that...

Speaking of gas, I actually got some. But not for me, it's for my fish tank. I finally decided to install an air-bubble system and buried a couple air rocks (one 5" circular and a 1' bar). I put them right next to each other and laid the log on top of it all, and so far I don't think it looks too bad.

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we all know what that's about. Of course it's mainly to remember how thankful we are and what not, plus a great reminder of American history. At the same time, we also should never take lightly that this grand day is also a day where one may stand proud... well, more slouched in pride on a couch with their belt undone after all they may have consumed.

Yes, I'm talking about food. Lots and lots of food. A fantastic excuse to get fat. Ever notice what happens right after Turkey Day? No, not Black Friday. I could care less about about a stupid excuse for a bunch of psychopaths killing each other at 5 a.m. all because they can save a couple bucks. No... I'll be happily hibernating in my food coma. What I'm talking about is what really happens after Thanksgiving.

"Hey man, how was your Thanksgiving?"
"It was good, ohhh man I'm still full!"
"Oh geez, I hear ya. How much did you eat?"
"2 full plates"
"2! HAH! I ATE 3!!!"

Yes, I speak of the food competition. Whether it's among family, friends or just oneself, out there... somewhere... is an individual ready to consume as much as they can humanly stuff in. Does this contribute at all to any beneficial manner to mankind? No. Is it healthy? Not really... Do I mean to inspire anybody to do something stupid or potentially harmful? Of course not, but for those whom know who they are, Thanksgiving dinner is an annual duel between man and plate. Just try not to puke. That makes for great memories and even better photos. Not so great at the table. Or on the carpet... or in your mom's plant vase... maybe on a anthill, but certainly not on a duck.

Folks have a wonderful and great Thankgiving and try to remember those oh-so-fun family conversations. Even when one of the kids gets gas.

and now for something completely differant, here's a vid for your enjoyment...


Y
":ch



No comments: